Budget line items are the planned expenses related to a grant and contain information such as associated GL accounts, responsible individuals, and attachments. Line items can be within a category or uncategorized.
There are three line items types: Personnel, Non-Personnel, and Benefit Type line items. Personnel line items are budgeted staff compensation expenses. Non-personnel line items are budgeted expenses that do not fund staff compensation. Benefit Type line items are planned benefit expenses for all grant-funded staff. Benefit Type line items are only available if benefits are not tracked within personnel line items in the Budget Settings.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
Prerequisite: Funder can edit on Budget Creation Permissions in the award's Budget Settings.
- Open Award Management>Awards.
- Click the (View Award icon) next to a lead recipient name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Financial>Budget.
- Click the (Add icon) next to a budget category.
- In the General tab of the pop-up window, select the Item Type. This can be Personnel, Non-Personnel, or Benefit Type.
- Add line item information.
- Click Lock to prevent line items being added to the category or the category being edited (optional).
- Click Create.