Submission budgets define the planned spend down of the overall grant and include planned expenses, revenue, and match. They can be created and edited by Organizational Admin, Department Admin, and the Grant Manager.
Budgets show the budget categories, grant-funded amounts, match amounts, total costs, and total revenue by default. Additionally, the grant years, line items, and Responsible Individuals can be shown or hidden.
Benefit Type line items are planned benefit expenses for all grant-funded staff.
Prerequisites: Benefit Types are added in the Budget Settings and benefit items are not budgeted per each grant-funded employee
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Pre-Award tab>Submission Budget.
- Click the (Add icon) next to a budget category.
- In the General tab of the pop-up window, select Benefit Type from the Item Type dropdown.
- Select a Benefit Type.
- Add the Direct Cost.
- Check the Exclude From Match checkbox as necessary. This option will not be available if the category match requirements are set to Disable or Require.
- Check the Exclude From Indirect checkbox as necessary. This option will not be available if the category indirect requirements are set to Disable or Require.
- Select the Responsible Individual. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff.
- Add a Description (optional).
- Click Lock to prevent line item from being edited (optional).
- Click Create.