Budgets show the budget categories, grant-funded amounts, total costs, and total revenue by default. Additionally, grant years, line items, Responsible Individuals, GL accounts, actuals, and remaining amounts can be shown or hidden. As actuals are added against the budget, they can be displayed and filtered by expense date. This includes any Closed, Reviewed, Payment Requested, or Paid expenses.
Non-personnel line items are budgeted expenses that do not fund staff salary or staff benefits.
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Financial>Budget.
- Click the (Add icon) next to a budget category.
- In the General tab of the pop-up window, select Non-Personnel from the Item Type dropdown.
- Add a line item Name.
- Add the Direct Cost.
- Check the Exclude From Match checkbox as necessary. This option will not be available if the category match requirements are set to Disable or Require.
- Check the Exclude From Indirect checkbox as necessary. This option will not be available if the category indirect requirements are set to Disable or Require.
- Select the Responsible Individual. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff.
- Add a Description (optional).
- Click Lock to prevent line item from being edited (optional).
- Click Create.