Submission budgets define the planned spend down of the overall grant and include planned expenses, revenue, and match. They can be created and edited by Organizational Admin, Department Admin, and the Grant Manager.
Budgets show the budget categories, grant-funded amounts, match amounts, total costs, and total revenue by default. Additionally, the grant years, line items, and Responsible Individuals can be shown or hidden.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
Budget line items are the planned expenses related to a grant and contain
information such as associated GL accounts, responsible individuals, and attachments. Line items can be within a category or uncategorized.
There are three line items types: Personnel, Non-Personnel, and Benefit Type line items. Personnel line items are budgeted staff compensation expenses. Non-personnel line items are budgeted expenses that do not fund staff compensation. Benefit Type line items are planned benefit expenses for all grant-funded staff. Benefit Type line items are only available if benefits are not tracked within personnel line items in the Budget Settings.
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Pre-Award tab>Submission Budget.
- Click the (Add icon) next to a budget category.
- In the General tab of the pop-up window, select the Item Type. This can be Personnel, Non-Personnel, or Benefit Type.
- Add line item information.
- Click Lock to prevent line items being added to the category or the category being edited (optional).
- Click Create.