A grant's performance is measured by achievements against programmatic goals. If achievements are not meeting their given goal allocations, the grant's performance risk may be impacted.
Milestone goals are the most basic goal type. They allow for tracking progress as a “Yes” or “No” response by the Responsible Individual. An example of a milestone goal is “Create and send Q1 Staff Survey.”
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Performance>Performance Plan.
- Click the (Create icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the pop-up window, select a Strategy (optional). This will link the goal to an existing strategy.
- In the Goal Type dropdown, select Milestone.
- Add the goal Name.
- Add the goal Description (optional).
- Select the Responsible Type.
Note: Selecting Sub-Recipient will delegate the performance goal to a sub-recipient. Therefore, it is not available on award or sub-award performance goals which must be assigned to an individual from the recipient organization.
- If Individual, select the Responsible Individual. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff for your organization or the recipient's organization (if on an award record). The Responsible Individual can add achievements to the goal and is assigned system-generated tasks related to the goal.
- If Sub-Recipient, select the Responsible Sub-Recipient. This list pulls from Contacts>Sub-Recipients. Notifications are sent to the recipient grant manager by default, who can then reassign the performance goal to a Responsible Individual in their organization.
- For clients with Project, select a Project Goal (optional). This links a project goal to the performance goal.
- Select a goal Due Date.
- Click Create.