Payment requests allow grant recipients to invoice grant funding organizations for expenses accrued (reimbursement) or anticipated (cash advance) during the life of the grant. For clients with funders in AmpliFund, payment requests can be submitted directly to the funder for review and approval.
Payment requests can be created independently, or directly from closed tracking or reporting periods by clicking the (Payment Request icon) next to a period name on Post-Award tab>Management>Tracking Periods or >Reporting Periods. The fields available may vary depending on your account status as a recipient or standalone client.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Cash Flow>Payment Requests.
- Click the (Create icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the Payment Request Information section, update the Payment Request Name as necessary. The payment request name defaults to show grant name and date created.
- Add Date Created.
- If available, select Related Tracking/Reporting Period(s) to include (optional). The expenses in the closed period will populate the totals in the Financial Detail section.
- If available, select Expenses From and To dates. Any expenses that fall into those dates that are not already attached to a payment request will populate the totals in the Financial Detail section.
- Select Payment Type.
- Reimbursement: Request payment for costs accrued
- Advance: Request payment for anticipated expenses
- Select a Payment Request Status.
- Not Submitted: Payment request has not been submitted to the funder
- Submitted: Payment request has been submitted to the funder
- Approved: Payment request has been approved by the funder
- Rejected: Payment request has been rejected by the funder
- Paid: Payment has been received
- If payment request has been submitted, add Date Submitted (optional).
- In the Financial Details section, to create a new expense, click Create a New Expense . This will create a new expense in a Reviewed status.
Note: The expense must be in a Reviewed status and within the Expenses From and To dates in order for it to appear on the payment request.
- To view category details, click the category name. This shows the reviewed expenses in the closed tracking or reporting period, or from the dates selected.
Note: The Remaining amount for each category and line item shows the remaining grant funded amounts. This calculation includes approved and pending expenses.
- Add Requested Amount.
- If payment request has been Approved, add the Approved Amount.
- In the Additional Information section, add Comments (optional). These will be visible to the funder.
- Click Choose file(s) to add attachments (optional).
- Click Create or Submit to send to the funder.
Note: Once the payment request is submitted, you can no longer edit the payment request.