Tracking and reporting periods allows managers and admin users to track the health and progress of their grants in regularly segmented intervals over the lifetime of the grants. Tracking periods are for internal use; reporting periods are sent to the funder for review. Tracking periods can include expenses, achievements, timesheets, and program income; reporting periods can include expenses and achievements. Grant Managers, Department Admin, and Organizational Administrators can view, create, edit, and close periods. Organizational Administrators can reopen closed periods.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
- Open Grants Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Management>Tracking Period.
- Click the (Create icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the pop-up window, select Expenses.
- In the Overall Expense Details section, add Comments (optional).
- Click Choose File to select a file from your computer.
- In the Expenses Closeout section, select expense category names to close out. The Total Amount for the category includes any reviewed expenses for the period. To select all expenses, check the Select All checkbox.
- Click Save to save your progress, or Close to close the tracking period.
Note: Once closed, users may not edit any expenses, achievements, timesheets, or program income within the closed tracking period.