Amendments allow grant recipients and funding organizations to negotiate changes to an award. Recipients can propose amendments to the award amount, duration, budget categories, or program goals. Funders can review the proposed amendments and approve, deny, or request more information within AmpliFund. AmpliFund facilitates and tracks these interactions. Depending on the Grant Settings, not all amendment types may be available.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
- Open Grants Management>Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Management>Amendments.
- Click the (Add icon) in the Icon Bar.
- Click Category Budget. If the amendment type is not active, click the (Activate icon) to activate.
- In the Amendment Request section, add Amendment Name.
Note: If your amendment includes multiple amendment types, the Amendment Name and Date Approved fields will be the same for each type.
- In the Date Approved field, select the date the amendment was approved.
- In the Category Budget section, select all applicable categories. If a category is not available, you can add it by clicking Add New Category. Category Name and Proposed Budgeted Category Total fields will appear in the Budget Categories section below.
- In the Budget Categories section, add the budget amount by category in the respective Budgeted Category Total field(s). The current and actuals amount per category is listed above each field for reference. If you have added a new category, you can enter the new category in the Name Category field.
- Add the Justification for your amendment.
- To Attach Documentation, click Choose a file to select a file from your computer.
- Add any Internal Notes about the amendment for you or your staff to view.
- Click Save. You will need to manually update your grant's budget to reflect the amendment changes.