Grant opportunities are competitive opportunities for sub-awarding a grant, or creating an award that has the grant as a funding source. Application forms and templates can be used to create the opportunity; potential sub-recipient organizations may then apply to the opportunity for awards. Sub-awards may be created from a grant opportunity (for clients with Competitive Award Management) or from a grant as a sub-award.
For more information on creating, publishing, and managing opportunities, see the Competitive Application Management Guide.
Note: Depending on your account settings, this record type may have additional custom fields or sections.
- Open Grant Management>Grants>All Grants.
- Click a grant name.
- Open the Post-Award tab>Management>Sub-Awards.
- Click the (Create icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the pop-up window, select sub-award Recipient. This list pulls from Contacts>Sub-Recipients.
- Select your organization's Responsible Person for the sub-award. The Responsible Person can edit sub-award details, performance plan settings, and budget settings, and can view items related to their award. They cannot view budget or expenses. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff.
- Add an Award Identification Number (optional). This a reference number for an external system.
- Add Awarded Date, Length of Award in years and additional months, and Start Date.
- Add a Description (optional).
- In the Funding Information section, add Cash Match Amount requirement for the award (optional).
- Add In-Kind Match Amount requirement for the award (optional).
- Add Total Awarded Amount.
- Click Create.