Funds are pools of pledged income with a shared purpose. Fund Management allows funders to track their planned (committed) and received income, as well as obligated awards and payments, over the life of the fund as it supports awards and opportunities.
Funds may be created to capture pooled income source contributions, fund-related performance and budget items, as well as awards.
- Open Fund Management>Funds.
- Click the (Create icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the Fund Information section, add fund Name.
- Add fund Target Amount to receive from income sources.
- Select a Fund Manager. The Fund Manager can edit fund details, can create and edit items related to the fund, and assign responsibility for goals and line items to other users. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff.
- Select fund Categories (optional). This list pulls from Administration>Lists> Fund Activity Categories.
- Select Additional Staff (optional). Additional Staff can view fund details, cash receipts, performance plans, budget plans, opportunities (for clients with the Competitive Award Management module), and awards. They cannot create, edit, or delete fund details, and other fund-related information. This list pulls from Contacts>Staff.
- Add Fund Open Date and Fund Close Date (optional).
- In the Description Section, add a Description (optional).
- In the Record Information section, add a Unique Identifier as an additional reference (optional).
- Select record Status as Enabled. A Disabled record will not appear on the Funds list or in any reports.
- Click Create.