The Expenses list allows Organizational Admin to import, review, and apply personnel and non-personnel expense records. Expenses can be previewed and edited prior to being imported. Once imported, expenses will be visible to users with access to associated line items, grants, or budget reports.
Use the attached template to import your expenses. Required fields are designated with an asterisk (*). Once completed, Organizational Administrators can import to Administration>Actuals>Expenses.
Note: The GL names and GL codes in the import template must exactly match the GL names and GL codes in Administration>Lists>GL Accounts for the data to import correctly. If you have defined your GL Accounts, you must ensure that the column headers and number of columns match what you have defined in Administration>Lists>GL Accounts.
How To Import Expenses:
- Open Administration>Actuals>Expenses.
- Click the (Import icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the pop-up window, add an Import Name. The name must not match any other import names.
- Click Choose a file to select a file from your computer.
- Click Create New to create default mapping or select an existing default map (optional). A default map can be useful if you use the same file template for importing expenses.
- Select the Destination field for each Source column. If you are using the Expenses Import Template (recommended), the source and destination fields should match.
- Click Preview.
- On the Preview page, update the information as necessary. You will see all actuals by default; use the tabs at the top of the page to filter.
- Click Import to Expenses.