The Expenses list allows Organizational Admin to import, review, and apply personnel and non-personnel expense records. Expenses can be previewed and edited prior to being imported. Once imported, expenses will be visible to users with access to associated line items, grants, or budget reports.
Organizational Admin can import multiple expenses using the Expenses Import Template (recommended) or their own Excel file. The Expenses Import Template includes the GL Name*, Description, Grant Financial Code, Salary, Direct Cost*, Expense Date*, Payee, Exclude from Match*, Cash Match Amount, Cash Match Type, In-Kind Match Amount, In-Kind Match Type, Unique Identifier, and account code fields. Required fields have asterisks (*) next to their names. The GL names and GL codes in the import template must exactly match the GL names and GL codes in Administration>Lists>GL Accounts for the data to import correctly.
Note: If you have customized your GL Accounts, the column headers and number of columns must match what you have defined.
Note: If GL Entry Method is set to Import Only, expenses will be imported with a Reviewed status automatically.
- Open Administration>Actuals>Expenses.
- Click the (Import icon) in the Icon Bar.
- In the pop-up window, add an Import Name. The name must not match any other import names.
- Click Choose a file to select a file from your computer.
- Click Create New to create default mapping or select an existing default map (optional). A default map can be useful if you use the same file template for importing expenses.
- Select the Destination field for each Source column. If you are using the Expenses Import Template (recommended), the source and destination fields should match.
- Click Preview.
- On the Preview page, update the information as necessary. You will see all actuals by default; use the tabs at the top of the page to filter.
- Click Import to Expenses.